This quote from WFTO encapsulates what She Made This is aiming to achieve.
'FairTrade is a trading partnership, based on dialogue, transparency and respect, that seeks greater equity in international trade. It contributes to sustainable development by offering better trading conditions to, and securing the rights of, marginalized producers and workers.
Fair Trade is more than just trading: it proves that greater justice in world trade is possible. It highlights the need for change in the rules and practice of conventional trade and shows how a successful business can also put people first.' - World Fair Trade Organisation
- Artisans are paid a fair wage in their local context. This means they are paid 2-3 times more than the usual salary.
- Working Conditions are healthy and safe
- Provides equal opportunities for women AND no child exploitation
- Production & farming practices are environmentally sustainable
- Employee involvement in decision-making
- Cultural identity & traditions are honoured & respected